Domino Print and Apply are currently looking for a Technical Support Group Manager with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a costumer facing position. The scope of the position consists of:
• Lead and develop the Technical Support Group in order to deliver a great customer experience.
• Give technical presales support if a customer request requires higher technical level and/or further integration.
• Lead and develop global Technical Helpdesk for Print and Apply.
• Be responsible for all PALM-related training
The focus is to drive the business forward in creating stronger relationships in a true international environment, increasing the operational efficiency, and creating a motivational environment that attracts the best of the best.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Masters Degree of Science or equivalent. Relevant experience will be considered
• 3-5 years of experience in costumer facing roles
• Experience of developing and delivering training materials
• Experience of a CRM system for example Force.com
• Experience of leading people through a structured and motivational style
• Good analytical skills required
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be self-managing, independent and motivated
• Full command of the English and Swedish language, additional language is considered a merit
In this position you will report to the Customer Operations Director at Domino Print and Apply.
Domino is the leading business within Domino Printing Sciences. Founded in 1978, the company has established a global reputation for the development and manufacture of coding, marking and printing technologies, as well as its worldwide aftermarket products and customer services. Today, Domino offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of complete end to end coding solutions spanning primary, secondary and tertiary applications designed to satisfy the compliance and productivity requirements of manufacturers. These include innovative ink jet, laser, print & apply and thermal transfer overprinting technologies that are deployed for the application of variable and authentication data, bar codes and unique traceability codes onto product and packaging, across many industrial sectors, including food, beverage, pharmaceutical and industrial products.
Domino employs 2,600 people worldwide and sells to more than 120 countries through a global network of 25 subsidiary offices and more than 200 distributors. Domino’s manufacturing facilities are situated in China, Germany, India, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA.
Domino became an autonomous division within Brother Industries on 11th June 2015.
For further information on Domino, please visit www.domino-printing.com
Please submit your application by registering your CV and your application on our website www.dreamwork.se as soon as possible since the search- and selection process is ongoing.
For further information contact recruiter Christofer Dahlman +46 40-660 12 16.
Since 2006 we have been building a new and different employment service company, which is in this instance the fastest growing one in Sweden. Today Dreamwork has around 300 employees, 50 which are employed internally. We have over 800 people in our career transition programs and have a résumé-database with over 50 000 candidates. We are represented in twelve locations around Sweden and offer services in permanent and contingent recruitment, staffing and career transition programs. Our clients act within both private and public sectors and include both large corporations as well as small businesses.
Vi vill veta vem du är. Mer utförligt än den du beskriver i ditt CV. Rätt erfarenhet och kompetens är så klart viktigt, men inte alltid tillräckliga meriter för att passa in i det lag som en arbetsplats utgör. Erfarna rekryterare vet att de flesta kan tillgodogöra sig kunskaper, men att göra om sin personliga karaktär är betydligt svårare. Att du passar in är en betydligt viktigare framgångsfaktor både för dig och din framtida arbetsgivare.