Global HR Business Partner and Site HR Lead Gothenburg at AstraZeneca Gothenburg
About the job
Area: Global Medicines Development (GMD)
Global Medicine Development (GMD) is one of the largest organisations in AstraZeneca with 4300 employees, working in more than 40 countries globally. GMD drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them. We are responsible for enabling the business to make critical pipeline and investment decisions, to ensure they select the right molecules to progress and to seize the right lifecycle management opportunities – generating the data required to drive regulatory submissions for new medicines and expanded indications and generating the evidence that shows their true value.
As the HR function we are vital in making AZ and Gothenburg a Great Place to Work by supporting our managers to be the best managers they can be and as such engage, motivate, challenge and coach their employees to deliver with a smile on their face!
In this role you will work close to senior leadership teams both in the Business and in HR. You will be responsible for driving the strategic HR agenda. This includes working with areas such as strategic workforce planning, succession and talent management as well as general people development activities. You will also, together with local HR BPs and CoEs, drive basic HR processes like reward, performance management etc. On the agenda will also be projects of various kind for the site, Sweden and GMD globally. You will drive and facilitate workshops and meetings and coach mangers and leadership teams. You will be part of the global GMD HR team with colleagues around the globe as well as the Swedish HR Leadership Team. We are looking for a senior HR professional that can manage topics across all HR areas that can work completely independently and have an autonomy for large-scale, strategic HR decisions for the areas supported. You will be working in a complex environment with high pace and have stakeholders on very senior level.
This is a temporary position lasting until 2018-12-31
• Has the lead relationship with senior leaders and their direct reports and is recognised as an Exec coach and peer of the leadership teams.
• Through effective workforce planning processes, leads the development of the HR strategy, ensuring it will support delivery of the overall business plan. The people plan will be informed initially and success measured subsequently, by the use and interpretation of relevant people insight (dashboards, people survey, external benchmarking, etc delivered by the COE)
• Engages and contracts with other Global HR Business Partners, COEs and senior business leaders to diagnose, design and deliver specific HR interventions aligned to performance improvement or business change outcomes.
• Leads business change process facilitation and execution based on strategic guidance and direction established by senior HR leaders and business leaders
• Responsible for implementing the company strategy relating to HR throughout the assigned organisational area including:
o Recruitment; understand current staffing gaps and future needs and effectively partner with the recruitment team to address these needs
o Employee Relations: Manages complex cases in partnership with the the employee relations COE
o Compensation and Benefits; Be fluent in articulating the value of the entire compensation and benefits package; appropriately influence managers to use reward mechanisms to enhance individual and collective performance; partner effectively with compensation and benefit specialists to develop and deliver solutions
o Performance management; enable managers to use the full range of performance management tools to achieve high performance
o People Development; Coach manages and teams for high performance and to develop capabilities for the future.
o Use technology and data; Know and execute the HR processes, technologies and tools and use metrics to analyse people issues and trends.
• Significant contributor to Business / Site Leadership group activities which extend beyond HR areas of accountability
• Mobilizes teams/projects to address key issues
• Drive Manager/Employee adoption of the HR Operating Model, coaching customers to use the right channels and HR teams to receive the support they need
• Coach, support, mentor/advice and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices
• Independently plan and drive and/or participate in HR projects relating to the HR agenda for GMD, the Gothenburg site and Sweden
Skills, Capabilities & Education:
This role has both a local and global remit and includes working across cultures and countries and successful candidate must therefore have the ability to work globally and build relationships with HR colleagues as well as managers across all functional areas globally within GMD and Sweden. The following are also key skills/capabilities for the role:
• Business acumen
• Influencing skills
• Facilitation skills
We are looking for a senior HR Professional with a BSc or MSc in Human Resource Management with extensive experience of working in global companies. Managerial experience is a big advantage as well as experience from working in several companies. As a person, we think you have a “can do” attitude, strong drive, energy, works independently with minimal supervision. You are flexible and don´t hesitate to step into new areas and tasks. You have high integrity and are used to work in teams but can also plan and execute projects and individual tasks.
Welcome with your application by register your CV in english as soon as possible. The selection process is ongoing.
We are People Management consultants. Instead of having a traditional recruitment and staffing agenda we work harder to match our candidates with our customers’ company culture. We have a close relationship with LinkedIn and our recruiters and researchers have certifications in the LinkedIn recruiter modul. Two times, we have been appointed as a Gasell company by Dagens Industri and have the same amount of times been nominated for EY:s ”Entrepreneur of the Year”. Dreamwork was founded in 2006 and we have delivered staff related services at over 130 cities in Sweden, from Kiruna in the north to Ystad in the south. We are ISO-certified according to ISO 900.